One of the members of the Nova Contemporary Jazz Orchestra, saxophonist and composer Kari Musil, received a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board last year. Since, and as a result of the generous grant, she’s decided to put on a “Really Big Show,” a concert of newly composed works featuring her unique musical vision. We’re thrilled Nova will get to take part, and happy to announce that this performance will take place Saturday, April 14th, at 2pm in Hamline University’s Sundin Music Hall. The details are listed below:
- What: The Music of Kari Musil
- Who: Kari Musil (jazz composer), Nova Contemporary Jazz Orchestra, Leslee McKee (vocalist), J. Otis Powell! (poet), Sue Leigh (saxophonist)
- When: Saturday, April 14, 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Hamline University, Sundin Music Hall, 1531 Hewitt Ave., St. Paul, MN 55104
- Cost: adults, $10; students/seniors, $5; children, $3.
Also part of a Big Spring: later this month, on March 27th at 7pm, the Nova Contemporary Jazz Orchestra will unleash its own version of March Madness at the Shorewood Bar & Grill in Fridley. Treat yourself to a good time; come out and hear us play some great original big band music.